Campus Moves (2020 – 2021)
Campus Shuffle Updates: September 2020
UBC Okanagan has experienced tremendous increases in student enrolment and research activities over the past several years. This growth has exceeded the capacity of existing space on campus and in order to accommodate new Faculty coming on board this summer some administrative units will be relocating to new and different areas of campus.
The administrative units locations are:
- ADM 012, ADM006, ADM 100B and C, ADM 103 – Administration Building
- Office Modular 1 (OM1) – east of the transit exchange
- Portable V (PBV) – a new modular near University House
- Innovation Precinct Annex (IA1) – 3505 Spectrum Dr.
To date the following units have completed their moves.
- Human Resources (OM1)
- Finance Operations – Payroll and Accounts Payable (OM1)
- Campus Planning (OM1)
- Infrastructure Development (ADM 002) and
- Facilities Management and Energy team (PBV)
Later this fall, we can expect the following moves:
- Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation (ADM 006)
- Office of Research Services (ADM 006)
- University-Industry Liaison Office (UILO) (ADM 006)
- University Relations (IA1)
- Development Engagement (IA1)
- Okanagan Planning and Institutional Research (OPAIR) (IA1)
- Cybersecurity (1A1) (IA1)
This space shuffle would not be possible without the hard work from Project Services, Facilities Management, UBC IT Okanagan and Facilities Planning.
Watch this site for new updates as they develop.